Everything Looks the Same

Do you get confused when everything looks the same?

This neighborhood looks the same. No matter where you go.

This neighborhood looks the same. No matter where you go.

I was on a little trip a while ago and I took a stroll around the neighborhood.

It’s kind of confusing when everything looks the same. If it weren’t for the peemail I detected along the way, I’d never have found my way back to where I was staying.

Same houses. Same mailboxes. Same garages. Same driveways. Kind of like the Stepford Wives! And the same weird things in the yards. Take a look…

Everybody has one of these things in their yard.

Everybody has one of these things in their yard.

And the only flags they can fly at their houses are the American ones, which is fine, but what about a Scottie flag? Or something? Hey….I’m looking for a new Scottie house flag if anybody’s seen a nice one somewhere. Tweet me at @StuartTheScotty or send me a note to StuartTheScottie@hotmail.com. Or, heck, just bark at me in the comments.

Just what IS that boxy thing?

Anyroo, the trip was nice, but I wouldn’t want to live there. Well, maybe I would because I saw lots of dogs. Riding in golf carts. Woooot!

This is me. NOT in a golf cart.

This is me. NOT in a golf cart.

This entry was posted in dogs, living, sameness, Scottish Terriers and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Everything Looks the Same

Even better is a Stuart flag. Here’s Kyla’s

Email if you want details.

2. susieandsidebite says:

Whew…if we had them flags here it would look like the UN with all of us.

The Mad Scots

3. Ranger says:

WHAT?????/ You get to go on walkies wiffout your lease? Wow…. you are sooooooooo lucky.
    Wags,
    Ranger

• Well, my friend, I do go on walkies leashless. Or, offlead, as they say. And I’ve taken lots of criticism about it, too. But, I’m nine years old and the peeps pretty much know I’m not gonna tear across the yard to go after a squirrel. I’m a laid back kind of guy.

Our community is not the Stepford Wives kind of place. All of the lots were sold individually and each builder put their own touches on the house. There are no two alike. It makes it easy to give directions and you can put your personal touch on things. There are no golf carts allowed and dogs have to be leashed. We have all kinds of flags blowing in the wind. It is a very diverse community.

Our Peep’s house and all the ones in our block are different. We would know right away which one was ours, although getting there by reading the peemail is more fun! Glad you got back home safe!

6. I wish I had the sidewalk construction contract there.

I think those metal boxes are electrical boxes. We see them when the wires are below ground they seem to pop up like dandelions. Lee says she would rather have that than the wires above like we have. You can hide the box in landscaping ~ well maybe not in that community with the rules.
    On the bright side all the dogs look different in that neighborhood right!
    Thanks for being a friend

8. Dere are part of our walk dat are kinda like dat – at least it all don’t smell da same.

9. Genis LeyNel says:

Unbroken sidewalks? No potholes in the road? Manicured lawns? Wow! Definitely not Africa.

10. you should decorate your kingdom with such a fabulous flag like Kyla’s… and it’s like having a little bit from Kyla on your side, because you both have your own flags :o)

11. dougalldog says:

Wow… That is crazy! Never seen a place like that, where everything is the same! Were the peeps from pods?!

12. Mama always jokes about Stepford Wive communities.. She sez if your Peeps come home drunk, how would they know which house was theirs? One of our friends who lives in such a place says you use your garage door opener…duh! But I digress. Where we live, every house is different, although one house has a box like that…I ALWAYS pee there. We walk enough so that I bet I know our house, but chances of my being out without a leas and/ or The Mater are slim. The first day I was here, PawPaw forgot and left the front door slightly open. I was out like a flash. He told Mama he kept wondering how he was going to tell her that her brand new dog was lost. He drove around for about an hour, and when he came back home, yours truly was sitting in our front yard, tapping my toes, waiting on him. Mama thinks I just wanted to scope things out. I knew when I got there the day before, I did not want to leave.

13. Ps, there are some cool Scottie Flags out there…try Zazzle.com

14. fergusnguinness says:

We just ordered and received several garden and house flags from this site: http://www.preciouspetpaintings.com/collections/garden-flags?page=14

15. I googled and found several sites selling breed banners and house flags.