Mad Monday

stu sleeping

It was so hot over the weekend, I forgot to post! Gee whiz. I hate the heat and hope Godmother Carol can get me into her beauty salon this week. I look like a Teddy Bear and feel like a hot tamale.

Think I’ll just stay in bed today and out of the humidity. Welcome to Richmond in the summertime. Yikes.

Now, about Mad Monday. See, I watch TV with the peeps at night. It’s a ritual. She waits for me to hop up on the sofa, then settles in next to me. Last night we watched the finale of Mad Men.

Really? Is that all there is? I can’t believe I’ve been watching it all my life – every Sunday during the season – and that’s the way it ended?

I could have written a better script. Really. I could have.

What did you think of the Mad Men finale? And why wasn’t there a dog or a cat in the show at some point? No wonder everybody was screwed up. Nobody had a dog!!! ArrOOOOOO!

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Mad Monday

1. We don’t get any premium channels, so have never watched it. However, we did hear an interview with the creator, who got his big start wit The Sopranos as a writer, and sounded like a very cool guy. He said he earned no income until he was 30! Late bloomer like my Mama…she didn’t wait that long though…..

2. you should watch DCI Barnaby, there is a dog in efurry episode… and there is no end of that show… or at least my mom hopes that Midsomer Murders runs furever &ever :o)

It is so very hot pal. I have to give you that. We kind of holed up at the Hotel Thompson as well. And talking about a haircut. This little guy here Houdini. Dude he looks like Chewbacco he needs a haircut so bad. Thank goodness the groomer is coming here tomorrow. Shakes piggy head. Stay cool my friend. XOXO – Bacon

Mad Men? We never saw an episode. I’d be more inclined to watch Susie and Sidebite-the Mad Scots.

Just like Skyler we don’t get any premium channels, so have never watched it.
    Oh well so is life.
    Thanks for being a friend

• Gavin says:

Sweet William, we’re so very glad you are feeling more yourself! Keep healing, resting, and loving life with Lee. We’re still sending POTP for your full recovery!! Hope the children that hurt you learn a VERY important lesson about the sacredness of ALL creatures sharing this planet.

We haven’t seen Mad Men either. SHE tends to watch HGTV, Animal Planet and TLC. We would love you to send some heat here. It is cold for this time of year. and don’t get us started on how windy it is! It was HOWLLY bad last night and again today. You stay cool and don’t get overheated. (Probably shouldn’t be under the bed covers :>). WOOT

7. sue ellen says:

Hi ‘hot tamale’~~~~ We are a couple of ‘hot dogs’ down here in Florida !!! Whew…glad for the air conditioner , that’s for sure. We are going to the booty-parlor tomorrow cause we look like fluffy bears with tails .(!) (PANT PANT)
    We’re thinking ice cream should be the treat of the week !!!
    ArOoO….L&M

8. We have never watched Mad Men but I heard that the finale included an old Coca-Cola commercial. BOL We watch Game of Thrones on Sunday. I am all about the dragons!

9. Two French Bulldogs says:

This weather is downright nutty
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

10. rjkeyedup says:

It’s cold here in NY today… where is summer?
    We watch lots of PBS shows with Mom & Dad… just saw Mr. Selfridge!

11. We’ve had severe storms and high humidity for the past week, so we’re with you – we’re staying in the air conditioning. Jacques is making every effort to not exert himself much, which isn’t hard since he naps all day. 🙂

12. susieandsidebite says:

We getting ready here to lose some furs for summer time……….never watched that….if they didn’t have a dog…kinda glad we didn’t..thats just not right!

The Mad Scots

We don’t watch Mad Men either, but I know it had a big following. Were the Peeps as disappointed in the ending as you?

Mom watched Mad Men once. She said that she would die of second hand smoke if she continued watching the show. She will not support any program that showed people indulging in bad habits. That’s our mom.

15. Ranger says:

I only watch Animal Planet and cartoons. Don’t know any Mad Men.
    WAgs,
    Ranger

16. Gavin says:

You look so comfy in Your bed, Stuart! Mom and I have been swimming in river and Auntie’s big pool to try to keep cool. Wish you could come splash around on the beach with us! Maybe cooler starting Wednesday. Whoooot!

17. dougalldog says:

Maybe you could go swimming, that might help you cool down….?