A Hot, Lazy Day

Sorry. But it’s just too darned hot here to do anything today. The humidity is enough to make me wish I were a hairless doggie.

green pot

No wait, I like my furs. Here’s hoping to get them cut soon. Sigh. Hot Tamale. That’s me.

While I’m thinking about it, y’all be sure to tell your peeps to keep your furs in tact. Even in the heat. We doggies get sunburned and it ain’t pretty. Too many people shave their heavily coated dogs when it’s hot. I’m not saying a little trim isn’t a good idea, I’m jus’ sayin’ keep the hair!

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to A Hot, Lazy Day

1. that’s a hairy thing, huh? I wish I had some more furs, it’s tooo cold for may in my area :o)

2. we hear you Stewart – if we don’t don’t get out before 8.00 am – we don’t go anywhere as it’s just too hot

It’s 10 in the morning and 71 degrees and sunny with 33% humidity so it’s very pleasant and nothing to lose my feathers about.

4. It’s so hot Mama sez it’s too hot for me to ride in the car unless we are going on a trip. We came back from a trip onn Sunday, five hours, and I threw up…or. Au e that was Mama’s driving…..

We are freezing our furs off here in Omaha. It’s only 46 degrees and feels like 20! Our May is usually muggy and warm, but not now. SHE has flowers to plant but they are sitting in the garage. At least it isn’t raining until tomorrow. We are over our rain for the month as well. But, the good news is we are alive and getting some mini-Milkbones in a few minutes. YUMMO AROOOOO!

6. Edgar says:

my groomer told mum that we actually need our furs in hot weather to help keep us cool…go figure!

Edgar and his mum

7. rjkeyedup says:

WWe are no fools – staying inside with the central air is our favorite thing to do! Too many toys and treats to go and squirrel watch…

It wasn’t too bad here in NY today – my Peep leaves the ceiling fans on and we have lots of big tall oak trees that shade our house. We hope since it was such a wicked winter that we’ll be rewarded with a a pleasant summer. Mother Nature, are you listening?

It has been hot and humid here for weeks. Mom is not having any fun with this weather. We don’t want to walk and he want to be in the air conditioned house all of the time

10. dougalldog says:

No shaving! NEVAR!!!

11. A very good reminder to have fun in the sun but be smart about it, too! Hope you get a cooling spell real soon!!!

Snorts! Hair is good. Of course, the little guy here Houdini got a trim yesterday. He still has hair but at least he’s styling it for now. XOXO – Bacon