Off to the Dogtor Today – An Update

YIKES!

YIKES!

Here’s what I think is going to come of today’s annual checkup:

• I think I’ve lost just a little bit of weight. Which wouldn’t be a bad thing.
  • I think I’m going to have to have my teeth cleaned. For the second time in my life.
  • I think I’m going to have to have those little things under my eyelid removed while my teeth are being cleaned. Ouch.
  • I think I’m not going to like any of it.
  • No. I’m. Not.
  • What do you think?

THIS JUST IN:

• I’m back. We were there for an hour. Geez.
  • So, no, I didn’t lose any weight. In fact, I’m fatter now than ever. Go figure. I got a treat for that. Whaaa?
  • Yes. The teeth will be cleaned.
  • Yes. The little growths will be removed when the teeth are done.
  • The peeps are scheduling this grand event to take place in August. Oh boy. Yes, let’s make what’s turning into a blisteringly hot, disgusting summer even more pleasant shall we? Can’t wait.
  • No. I didn’t like anything about today’s visit. Except my dogtor (I love her) and the treats. Boy, were they good. They’re called Charlie Bear and I must have MORE.
  • I had a big ‘ole blood profile done today. When the results come back, I’ll know a lot more about my overall health. Don’t know if that’s going to be good or bad. I hate waiting. Butt, as a terrier, I can wait with the best of them. I’m so tenacious, I can wait/stalk like nobody’s business.
  • Thanks for caring.
  • Stay tuned.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Off to the Dogtor Today – An Update

1. That’s the place what’s always good for surprises…. I hope you will get good news… and no one will mention a bath… or a needle… or a diet…

2. colinandray says:

Hi Buddy! When I go to the vets I try not to think……… except when the white coats approach me in threes, and then I know there’s trouble coming! All the best, and try not to let them needle you! (That’s a joke ……….. get it? Needle?) Woof! Ray.

aaww I think you are right my friend. But on the flip side of all of that guess what? You’ll get extra cuddles and hopefully treats from all of the stuff they put you through today. That’s good, right? Good luck pal! XOXO – Bacon

4. macjenn says:

Good luck, Stuart! Your expression says it all.

Mac and Jennie

5. Two French Bulldogs says:

We will keep our feets crossed for you. Hope they don’t touch where they are not suppose to
    Lily & Edward

What a forlorn picture! Don’t worry – you will be fine. I (Duffy) have to go to the Dogtor next Tuesday for a shot and a liver profile check. I usually howlie howlie when I walk in the door and they all laugh at me. That takes my mind off it. Elsa, on the other hand goes about every week for one thing or another. Andy is up next month for his turn. Chin up, pal! We all must get our checks.
    You do look a bit slimmer.

7. Oreo says:

Yah I dont think youre gonna like it, The Dogter isnt my favorite place either Stuart.

Wags
    Oreo

That is the place where they are always touching my bum and then they put there finger in. Don’t they know that is the out door! Good luck Stuart.
    Thanks for being a friend

9. I have my paws crossed for you buddy but I think you will not like this day very much. Stay well, my friend.

10. May the force be with you, Stuart!! Yo can do it! You’re a brave pup!

11. Milk it for all you are worth when you get home Stewart – makes the peeps feel awful for putting you through it 🙂 🙂

12. bentley2 says:

Oh Stuart I just love your picture. It says it all in that shot. I have my paws crossed for you that you are released with flying colors for another year.
    Bentley

The apprehension is too much. A candidate for some StuART.

14. Bonnie n Kenzie says:

What a face! It says : ‘you’re going to stick that WHERE?

15. Gavin says:

Well done, Stuart!! We thought you were having the procedures today! Try not to worry over the blood work. Sounds like you’ve got a great dogtor. Mom now wants to take me to her, but distance may be a factor. I like Charlie Bears too!!

16. Donna says:

Happy to hear you are doing good!! Hope the blood work comes back saying you are very healthy and will live a long and happy life.

17. Awww you look so scared in that picture!

Hey, don’t worry about the August visit. Elsa had her eye growth removed last month when she got her teeth cleaned. Although she had a shaved eye area (and in my dogpinion looked silly), all grew back quickly and she is now as before. You will do grrrrrrrrreat as Tony the Tiger would say.

19. Gavin says:

Ya, me again! Just got back from huntin’. Yep, killed me a GROUNDHOG!!! Just cuz! Carpe Diem Stuart!! Whooooot!!!

20. It’s all good Stuart! A hassle for sure, but your mouth will feel better and your breath, pure, fresh air! I had bloodwork to establish a baseline last month, and will probably have a tooth cleanse next Feb. Here’s the upside….the rescue Chin that Mama picked up from the Vet last week, only has four teeth left in his mouth…he was a puppy mill guy, and the Vet told Mama that some of his teeth just fell out on their own. The tooth fairy went broke on Cory.

21. Poor Stuart! Your face says it all! Miss D loves visiting Vet because Auntie Angela is her favorite vet tech in the whole wide world and carries her just so while spoiling her rotten. Love. It.

Oh, Stuart! That face, those eyes, your expression…we feel so bad that you had a rough time of it. The results of your tests will be fine, we just know it! And as far as the procedure, August is a long way off, just don’t think about it! You will be in good hands with your dogtor and his team. You’ll still be Stuart but you’ll be the new and improved Stuart with clean, shiny teeth and no little things under your eyelids! That’s really a good thing!

23. OMD, Ma laughed, yes LAUGHED at your pic!!! Can you believes it??!!! I said, ‘well, let’s take a pic of YOU at the DR’s with your leggies in those stirrup thingies, and see what YOUR face looks like!!!’ Yeah, that shut her pie hole REAL fast! ☺
    Anyhu, I hopes all you tests come back all normals, and that your appt. in August is cool and refreshing…yeah, who am I kiddin’…
    Paws crossed for more treaties!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

24. good luck sweet Stuart. 😀

25. Well that wasn’t too bad…not exactly super, grrrreat butt not terrible, awful bad either. At least it is over for another year.
    Wally & Sammy

26. Riley Puppy says:

Poor Stuart! I will be having the very same thing done in July–all ‘xept the eye thingy. I sure wish you the very best! I shake so hard when I go to the Vet or to the groomer! I dunno why, because my vet and the groomer are very nice, but I shake so hard that my teeth almost chatter, and mum feels so sorry for me and tries to comfort me. Poor little ol’ moi!! It will be the first time that I am getting my tooths cleaned. I am 2 1/2 years old and have tartar—I didn’t eat no stinkin’ tartar–wher’d that come from? I think they’s making it up! Anyhoo–aroooo, my sis’ Tessie just had hers cleaned, and she’s 3 1/2 years old, so if my big sis’ can have it done, Mum says I has to. Yikes! I’m scared! Mum’s scared too—she doesn’t like ‘snesia—whatever that is–doesn’t sound good. I’m empathizing with you, Stu! If I was der, I’d hold pawsies with you!
    Loves and licks,
    Riley-Puppy and big Sis

27. Pingback: Friday’s Foto Fun – This One Moves | The Scottie Chronicles

28. dougalldog says:

You LIKE your dogtor?! What the WHAT?! Even though she does mean things like clean you teefs and tells you to lose weight…. Really?

Good luck with the dogtor stuff mate, thinking of you…

29. Pingback: Perfection – With One Exception | The Scottie Chronicles

30. There is nothing worse when you comprehend the processing
    of order and the criticism, that you does not be applied to by your
    insurance.