Hotter than a Match

I’ve got my game plan. Today it’s going to be 100 degrees F. Here’s what I’ll be doing:

Oh…and see all those little bits of grass and dirt on the floor? Behind my frog dog paws? (Aren’t you happy I zoomed in on those? I thought you would be. You’re welcome.) Well, I bring in all sorts of stuff on my furs. The peeps love it when I do that! NOT.

Stay cool out there. It’s dangerous. And for my pals in the Southern Hemisphere, I’m on my way. To cooler climes…..sigh.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Hotter than a Match

1. I hope for free ice cream for all pups today :o)

Oh, you poor thing! Andy and I (Duffy) fight over the vent on the kitchen floor as it’s the only one that’s flat on the floor. I usually let him have it and then I go lay on the cool tile in the entryway. The Dog Days of Summer are here for sure. Stay cool and drink lots of water!

3. Susan mccall says:

I’m with you Stuart . I’m from Ohio where it is hot and muggy all week. I’m going to find me a vent and stay inside.

4. finleywestie says:

It’s been bein’ real hot here, too.. dat spot on da vent looks like da pawfect place to chill out!!

Rain today… so I guess at least it will be cooler…

5. Edgar says:

nothin like the ole AC a blowin in your beard!

Edgar and his mum

We’ll be hot also. We’ll get to 108 but only 15% or so humidity, you guys will have a lot more. Here, 90 is comfortable unless you’re in direct sunlight.

7. Great plan Stuart! Mama sez all walks must be completed by 7:30 AM, and then I can take my breaks in our newly cleared out back yard, where it is very shady.

8. rjkeyedup says:

Where do you live Stuart? Guess we are lucky – it is only in the 70’s again. Mommy and Daddy have bad allergies so we have central AC on from March thru October!!! I have a couple of favorite spots where the cool falls from the ceiling vents – soooo nice!
    Your LI, NY Pal, Ozzy

9. we have been having 90 + days for the last two weeks ..we would sure love some of the rain everyone else is getting

10. sue ellen says:

Alas…our peeps new home has NO floor vents to cool off on. So, tile floors have to suffice here in southern Florida… We golf cart to the doggie park at dusk for a quick ‘sniff’ about. Bet that is when you take a short constitutional too !!
    pant pant…L&M ♥
    stay ‘kool’ Mr. Stuart ☺

11. Tobias,Cherry, Shadow says:

We are with you on the “hot part” – but our Mom played with us this a.m. before work and we got to run & jump at the water in the hose – up in the air, down on the ground – boy were we drowned when we came in – nice clean towels and us were good together; but such fun!! Dad laughed out loud while he watched us!! Keep Cool Stu – us dark dogs need to stay in the shade –Shadow & Cherry.

12. oreo says:

I think you have the best spot in the house stuart.

Wags
    Oreo

13. Riley Puppy says:

That’s just where you’d find me, Stu! And it get sizzling hot here Stu! Stay cool, Buddy!
    Your pawsies are so cute, Mum says!
    XOXO,
    Riley Puppy and Tessie

14. Charlotte Anderson says:

You are soo classy, Stu. Shower stall, huh? Thought you were gonna say draped around the porcelain fixture!

My Peep says it’s hot as a pistol! All I want to know is what happened to Spring?

Oh pal – you definitely have the idea right. It’s too hot to be doing any other thing. XOXO – Bacon

You win! It is hotter at your house than it is here. Ask them to move the rug over so that you don’t have to be on it a little bit.

18. I LOVES doin’ that!!! Though, the vent under the table is outta the wall, so I stick my ass up against it! hehehe
    I’ll send a pitcher of margaritas to you…that should help! ☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

19. Looks like a good plan!

20. Wylie says:

I do hate to chortle, and a Scottie dog can chortle with the best of them. We are having rain every day and have highs in the low 70’s, with cool Rockies air every day. Best spring weather in the high desert ever. I still haven’t got my spring fur trim yet. Feeling bad for you east coast Scotties. Come for a visit! Before it gets hot here too. Wylie

21. Pingback: Watercolor Wednesday – Ahhhh | The Scottie Chronicles

22. MacGregor says:

I gots a real good spot for summer! We gots MARBLE floors and my mom likes the A/C turned real low when it’s hot! We’ve already had a bunch of days of 50 C and that’s 120 F! LBDs need to find cool spots. MacGregor