Watercolor Wednesday – Ahhhh

beachycoolWCW

Ahhhhh……it’s cool by the ocean, don’t you think? I had to do something to get outta that heat. I can’t lie on the AC vent all dayWait a minute….yes I can.

Hey, I’m wondering…I know some of you also lie on the AC vent or a tile floor to stay cool. What else do you do? What am I missing?

Sometimes, if it’s not too hot to be outside, but hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk, I dig a little hole under a bush to lie there and watch the peeps nearly pass out while doing yard work. Do you do that?

StuART – it’s a way to stay cool! ArrOOOO

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Watercolor Wednesday – Ahhhh

1. Two French Bulldogs says:

Hope you found some stinky seaweed
    Lily & Edward

Kali cools off by lying in the sun at 110 degrees (that’s 43 C).

3. I don’t do that digging thing. Too much work. If I am that hot, I just go inside.

4. I am allowed on front porch, very shady, to watch the Mater do yard stuff. When inside, although we have a perfectly good cool tile kitchen floor with a lovely vent under the sink, if Mama is upstairs , I lay with her on our bed, under the ceiling fan while she reads or plays words with friends. She lowers the blinds to keep the sun out.

5. sue ellen says:

sigh…used to ‘float’ on my ‘boat’ in the pool/////// then we moved. Now I lay on the tile floor in the coolest place in the house, the hall by the laundry room. Zzzzzzzzz the day away.
    It’s all about the ‘kool’ Mr. Stu ^.^ ^.^ L&M

6. Gavin says:

Oh Stuart! This is one of the best artworks of you ever!! We had 2 storms Sunday night, and one Monday night. The 2nd Sunday storm killed the whyfy and metrocast box (whatever those are?) I’ve been swimmin’ the river past 3 mornings. I come home so refreshed, butt mom is dripping with sweat!! Today is better-mom not as sweaty.
    Do your peeps ever think of checkin’ into Alpha Dog Club for swim lessons? It’s somewhere out west Patterson we think. It may sound scary, butt learning to swim can be fun (Right Whitley?) and ya can get some high value treats for motivation! Yum!! 🙂 We think the peeps there work one on one with each dog, and provide flotation vests, which we should ALWAYS wear, since our bodies are so top heavy!
    Pee Ess: So glad your lab work came back clean!

Elsa and Duffy lay in the shade of the trees while the peeps work. I (Andy) like to lay on the bricks by the patio door in the sun – go figure. Maybe I’m thin-blooded. We have a swimming pool, but none of us are allowed to go by it cuz the peeps know me and Duffy would sink like a stone. Elsa can swim, but she doesn’t like it. We don’t have an ocean, just the muddy Missouri river. You are lucky to have ocean breezes. Stay cool, Stu. You’re a great buddy!

8. Bonnie n Kenzie says:

We go belly up under the ceiling fans…the breeze just ruffles our belly furs. And we dig a nice little hole in the yard under the oak tree when we can get away with it.
    Bonnie n Kenzie

I just make my potty runs real fast and I love the cool wood floors.
    Thanks for being a friend

Tile flooring is the best. We do not have floor registers. Our registers are in the ceiling. The air conditioner can not keep up with the temperature. IT IS HOT!!!!!

Before the AC’s are in the window, I lay on the tile floor, or I’m out on our screened in porch under the ceiling fan, or I position myself in front of the table fan my Peep puts on the floor just for me. It’s the safe type, too. No chance to hurt myself!

It’s a real job trying to keep cool!

12. Yeah, I hide up under da bushes sometimes and watch da peeps sweat it out.

13. our critts watch from the shade of the verandah! At least they come out with us! Just look on from shady vantage points. ❤

My favorite spot to stay cool? Of course in my toddler bed in MY room watching MY television with the A/C on – snorts. XOXO – Bacon

15. Pingback: Tile Floors It Is | The Scottie Chronicles