Tile Floors It Is

green pot

This isn’t a tile floor I’ll grant you, but it’s a cool concrete slab (otherwise known as a stoop where I live) in the fall and winter. Actually, it’s a little cool even in the summer.

Y’all have spoken. Tile floors are the coolest place to rest in the dog days of summer. Why aren’t they the “cat days of summer”? That makes more sense to me. Which is interesting because not much ever makes sense to me.

After tile floors, comes lying under ceiling fans. And swimming. Huh?

My pal Gavin’s peep told me about a dog pool right here where I live. Can you believe that? Everybody knows we Scotties sink like bricks, but Gavin doesn’t. He wears a float vest when he swims in his river. See? Sweet!

Refreshing Swim

I might have to visit my local dog pool. Thank you Gavin’s peep.

So, here’s my next question: do you swim?

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Tile Floors It Is

1. My late brother Angus loved to swim…and could too. It wasn’t pretty…he would be grunting and huffing and puffing using his short little scottie legs and short little scottie tail keeping his stout scottie body and huge scottie head afloat, but he could do it. we think his golden retriever sister imparted on Angus a love of water. I hate water though.

2. oh a pool pawty could help to feel cool and relaxed… maybe it is not the water but the icy cold margaritas what can do the trick :o)

Lee has had three Scot and they all have known how to stay afloat. The second one Half Pence was a terrific swimmer, why he could keep right up with Lee in doing laps and loved to swim. I can swim out to get my ball and back. I love water.
    Thanks for being a friend

Nothing makes sense to me either. Especially after I read the newspaper at the bottom of the cage.

We looked at the Alpha Dog Club web site – wish there was one here in this part of the country. Maybe we could talk the Peeps in opening one up. It looks like FUN! Bet we could have some outrageous pawties with all our furiends there! You are right about the tile floors – they are the best place in the house to lay on. Cheers!

6. Stuart, I love the water! Mama was so surprised when she took me to visit a dog pal, and I told her I was ready to dive right in (she either held me in the water, or put me on a raft. Either way, I had a blast!

Out of 12 Scotties, none have enjoyed the water. When I swim, they used to chase me around the edge and touch my nose after every lap. They were checking to make sure that I was okay.

We had a stoop in Brooklyn when i was a kid. One of our favorite games was stoop ball. Did you every play?

9. sue ellen says:

Lucy and mac here commenting on swimming…Neither of us is ‘good’ at swimming…Mac loves to float in his boat & snooze but sinks like a rock when w/o life vest. Lucy says heck no !! I ‘no like the swim’ ~~~ I’m a shower babe and sprinkler runner..then a good roll in the dirt. Alas…those days are gone since we moved.
    And yes , a friendly pet pool would be fun….
    Back to the cool laundry room now =D

10. Oreo says:

Gotta love the tile floors!!

Wags
    Oreo

11. Gavin says:

So happy your peeps are thinkin’ about Alpha Dog Club, Stuart!! I did not feel as confident in the swimming pool at first, as I did in the river. It takes practice and a good swim vest. Even though I can swim without my vest, my mom always puts it on, cuz then I am more confident and relaxed-which means I have MORE FUN!!! Mom read somewhere that 15 mins. of swimming is like walking 3 miles for a dog. Better for our joints too as we get older, and when it’s too hot to walk ANY miles!
    If you decide you like it, after practicing, ya’ can come on over to my place and we can swim the river!! Sounds fun, huh? We have an extra swim vest you could wear too!

12. Two French Bulldogs says:

I bet that feels good on your belly
    Lily & Edward

13. Edgar says:

i don’t swim willingly – mum took me to a lake and put a life vest on me – not my idea of fun. at. all.

Edgar and his mum

Well, since I am with this Peep just two years now, she’s never gone to the beach, a lake or a river to find out if I can or can’t swim. She doesn’t know if I swam in my other home, but I don’t mind getting a bath at home or going to the groomer!

15. I swim most everyday. Or I gets on my float and I lies down. Dat are even better.

16. Hell no!! And gets my FABulous furs wet??!!! Are you nuts??!! I don’t even like walkin’ in the rain! Am I a waterdog??? Yes. So. I still am not gettin’ in no pool! Too much like a bath…no siree Bob!! The AC works just fine for me! Or a big ole fan….
    Kisses,
    Ruby ‚ô•

17. Genis LeyNel says:

Oh yes! I swim all the time. I also have two Scottie friends who come to stay in the downstairs apartment weekends and holidays (we live in a holiday complex apartment) and we all love going to the tidal pools for a good swim – all three of us are a bit on the heavy side and supposedly on strict diets. I also learnt to swim with a floater vest, but now I can swim really well and I love it!