DON’T FORGET – Cars get hot!

This is me, of course, in my car.

IMG_20140428_121803

This is me in my bucket. In my car. Watching the world go by.

new bucket do I fit

Both of these scenarios are perfectly acceptable. I’m snug as a bug. My peep is with me. The weather is NOT a million degrees outside. And I’m not in any danger.

But, some dogs aren’t so lucky. I can’t stress this enough: dogs do not belong in hot cars.

Join me as I sign my pledge to stay cool.

I’m the new Scottie partner for these fine folks.  So, you can be sure we’ll  be barking about this for a while. It’s too important to ignore.

ArrOOOOO!

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to DON’T FORGET – Cars get hot!

You are the perfect spokesperson, ahh, …. You are the perfect partner for this organization. Keep getting the word out, Stuart, and we will too!

2. Kaci says:

Kali and I know all about HOT cars. Even in the winter here in Arizona it is hot in cars. Our peeps don’t take us for car rides in the summer unless to the vet!!!!!! Mom peep even shuts the door to the west facing dog run in the afternoon because Kali loves to sit on the outside porch in 113 degree heat. I think she is crazy!!!!!!!!

Very important indeed Stuart.
    A very sad thing happened to a dog on my street. He was owned by an elderly man and they were always together. The man was quite senile with caregivers but he always smoke cigars. He feed his dog a cigar and sadly the dog passed away.
    Thanks for being a friend

Stu, you know HOT. Kyla said you were HOT!

5. Riley Puppy says:

You are SO RIGHT, Stu!
    It is a horrible thing to think that some peeps are so dense and heartless as to do that to an innocent being! Count us in and our peeps too! We’ll campaign with you to keep all living things out of harms way!
    Thank you for championing this cause, Stu!
    P.S. You are too cute in your car seat!
    Love and Slurpies,
    Riley Puppy and Tessie

6. Very very impawtent message Stuart!!! I’m glads you are on the case, and remindin’ all the peeps that us doggies don’t belong in cars alone!!
    not even with a pitcher of margaritas….
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

7. A timely reminder – it makes us mad to still see peeps leaving puppers in the car on hot days

8. pat says:

Very cool Stuart! Thanks for the reminder.

9. Excellent timing! It’s been so hot here, I got in the car the other day & thought it was too hot for humans!!! (TG for air con!) Stay cool!!!

10. I hope this year the peeps are smarter and no dog has to sit in a rolling oven… by now I haven’t seen not one hot-dog in our area… hope that continues :o)

Oh my – you are so right, as usual. You are the best breed representative and advocate for all our furiends everywhere. Aye!

I so agree my friend. Heat in the car and anipals do NOT go together at all. That includes this piggy too. Never ever leave any of us attended for any given amount of time. I’m so with you my pal on this crusade! XOXO – Bacon

13. So what is your temperature threshold specifications? Ours is above 50, and the windows are open a bit., in case something was to fail. Above 60, and car is left on (using remote control automatic start button) and windows are open a bit for ventilation, and above 80, must be in constant view of hoomans and car is left on. Just wanted to compare my SOP with yours.

The temperature has been over 90 for weeks. One of my neighbors left his dog in the car with a cracked window. When I approached him about it, he told me to mind my own business. Next time I will just call the police. Some people never learn.

15. I seen this too often! We’re taking the pledge too!

16. Genis LeyNel says:

Great initiative. It is (officially) winter here in Paradise, but we still reach temperatures of up to 30°C (more or less 85°F) during the day. Imagine what it feels like in summer. We always drive with the AC on full blast or all windows open, cool water in the vehicle and I’m never left on my own. It is very sad that some people are too arrogant or too ignorant to follow these simple rules.

17. Mama and I drove to DC today, and she chose 29 N to 66, in part cause she tight it would be cooler. We left home at 5:20am, and got here at 11:30. She kept the AC blasting, and we stopped so I could stretch my legs and drink water. At first she wasn’t going to bring me because of the heat, but when she looked at the 10 day forecast for Philadelphia, and saw the lower temps….70 and rainy on Saturday, she changed her mind. Besides, she has my public up North to consider,