Monday Musing

OK. Y’all had too much fun with Saturday’s Where in the World photo.

DSCN4517

Your guesses were funny and some of you spent time thinking lots about it. Here’s the answer: I HAVE NO IDEA! But I might agree with a French or Dutch studio somewhere. Sadly, I haven’t a clue but I love to read your guesses.

Thanks for playing along.

So now. It’s Monday. And I’m musing.

• I’m musing about the ugliest dog contest. Here’s the winner. But I agree with so many of you who think there is no such thing as an ugly dog. All dogs are beautiful. We’re all unique and need love and care. Just like people.
  • I’m musing about the Supreme Court’s actions last week. There were two key rulings. One, about health care and the other, about love. It’s simple: everybody needs access to affordable health care. And everybody needs somebody to love. No matter who it is. Why did it take a court ruling to figure that out? I’ll have to muse on that some more.
  • I’m musing about violence and crime. There’s just too much of that and not enough love in the world.
  • I’m musing about the fact that I’m getting older. And I don’t like it. I fell down a small flight of stairs over the weekend. I simply lost my balance and took a tumble right into the wall. It scared the peeps something fierce. Do you ever lose your balance?
  • Speaking of getting older. It’s something we all do. Like it or not.
  • Oh me. Tomorrow’s Tuesday. I gotta snap outta this mood. HEY…WAIT A MINUTE…The moon looked pretty big last night. Whew. Glad I figured that out. That’s probably why I’m a bit moody. In a musing kind of way.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Monday Musing

Fell down the stairs? Stuart, you’re starting to scare us.

2. Riley Puppy says:

Oh, Stu, Mum says to tell you that she did not realize until she read what you are musing about today, that you and she must be soul mates! She mused about all of dem tings, too, and she sees it just like you do. As for falling down da stairs, she used to do dat even when she was young, cuz she’s, well tryin’ to do stuff fast! But she is getting older too and has to be careful to just fall on straight surfaces! Mebeh your four legs got a li’l’ tangled up—after all we has 4 o’ dem! We hope you are OKAY! Gosh don’t get down…we loves you more dan ever! Yous da man, and very HANDSOME and DEEP at that!
    Licky kissies to you from us and even Ma!
    Riley-Puppy, Tessie-Girl, and our Mum

3. Stuart…You are NOT to age. Period, end of sentence. And hey Kismet, share your concern……

Now, Stuart, listen to me! If you were a young pup and fell down the stairs you would think, well, it’s possible, me being just a pup. Just cause you fell down the stairs as an adult, don’t start thinking it’s AGE! Things happen. Sometimes we’re not concentrating, or we may have an elephant in our eye at that minute and can’t see straight.

My peep sometimes loses her car keys, it drives her crazy! But, when she finds them, she knows what they are. She says it’s not like she wonders what they are for! THAT’s the important thing. Don’t buy into the media hype about youth. Someone said youth is wasted on the young, and they were right!

5. I lose my balance a lot, speshully on da tile floors in da kitchen. Gettin older are tuff.

Did I every fall down ~ no not me but my peep with her bouts of vertigo why she goes down boom all the time she is permanently in a black and blue state of mind and body. We mused on the Supreme Court’s actions last week also and Sunday we saw some major violence. We went to a Dog Days Event and two dogs got into a terrible fight that ended in sending one man to the hospital by ambulance with bites to his face neck arm and leg.
    Thanks for being a friend

7. sue ellen says:

#1…perhaps you have ‘moving’ stairs…like in Hogwarts school of magic …so watch ’em ! ☺
    #2 .. yes, we ALL need to love and be loved…
    #3… we all should be able to see a Dogtor when we are not feeling so ‘good’.
    #4… there seems to be so much crime and violence everywhere…that seems to be all the ‘news’ can talk about…So, we think there should be a 5 o’clock “happy news” aired daily. (think there would be any sponsors for that?)
    #5…about the best thing on getting old is the senior discounts at Denny’s !!
    Now on the full moon thing~~~ oh my…the doggie park was WILD !! L&M were just minding their own business when a little white fluffy started a brawl. Holy cow… everyone got involved !!
    Mac left..Lucy was on the sidelines…then had to defend herself. All the peeps were grabbing and yelling…. =(…. So , we loaded up the cart and blasted away. We were proud of L&M…they were the only terriers there…and you know how feisty they can be when it comes to showing their nice big teefers.
    So,’ fullish’ moons can get to all creatures we suppose.
    ArOoO ♪ to you sweet Stuart…. L&M

We agree with you on everything. Everyone needs love and health care. We are lucky that the Court made those rulings last week. We hope that you feel better after your fall.

9. Growing older is tough – both on humans and us …but make the most of every day is what Mom says

Such heady topics for a fun, charming little guy. You are allowed to muse once in awhile, but now you need to stop. We would rather have your happy antics cheering us on in this somewhat drab world that has too many bad things going on. YOU are our lifesaver, Stuart!
    Now about falling. We are so glad you are OK. Andy and Elsa are very strong on their feet. Not moi so much. You see I have Scottie Cramp which causes my brain to tell my legs/feet to go, but the signal sometimes gets messed up, especially when I’m exited. My body goes one way and my hind end another. Not to worry, it doesn’t hurt and isn’t fatal, just one of those things. So we think your fall is just one of those things. Be careful and you are not allowed to age. We love you!

• You’re so kind. OK. OK. Enough of the musing. Done. With. That. On to better thoughts….
      I didn’t know you had Scottie Cramp. Yikes! I’m so glad you’ve got it under control. Whooppeeee!

Yours, Stuart

11. Two French Bulldogs says:

No dog is ugly … Well maybe
    Lily & Edward

12. I hope you are ok and you haven’t to see a dogtor, Stuart. Getting older is a sneaky thing, I so agree… but there is no magic potion for that… not even an app….

13. noodledog says:

Noodledog falls down all the time. She has 2 speeds, zoom and slow, so when she is zooming, she tumbles and trips on her feet. Not old age, you just tripped!

14. I fully agree with you. I don’t believe there is such a thing as an ugly dog either. Sometimes I think I am too sensitive for this world and I feel sad. However we must be brave and keep going and be comforted that there are many, many, many kind people in the world. I personally know many both in my own community and online. AroOOOO .<3