The Gingerbread Man

gingerbread man

A dear pal ‘o mine sent me this stuffed gingerbread man as a howliday present. Cute, huh? It was a thoughtful gift. And I appreciate it. I hadn’t played with it in a loooong time. So, this morning I was in a feisty mood and the peep fetched it from my toy bin. (Yes, I have a toy bin. Hard to believe, I know.)

Well what do you know? We played and played and played. Me, the gingerbread man and the peep.

Go figure.

I think next time, I’m gonna gnaw off his little green bowtie. Yeah, that’s what I’m gonna do. Tomorrow. Just like Scarlet O’Hara.

• I don’t play much anymore. Not with toys anyway.
  • But sometimes I surprise myself. And the peeps.
  • Today was one of those days.
  • I do still like to bite on Sniglet’s ears and legs. That hasn’t changed.
  • The peep watched me on the steps this morning. Since I took a tumble over the weekend.
  • See, for some reason, I get down on my chest and carefully put my paws one-by-one on the first step, then slide myself down. Success.
  • Then, I kind of lose my balance as I’m tawdling down the rest of the steps.
  • But, this morning I caught myself before I fell and said, “no way, I’m heading back up this step and She’ll carry me down.”
  • Yep. She did. Then I made it down the third little flight of steps with no problem. And I have no trouble on the outside brick steps going up or down.
  • Maybe I’ll have my vision checked out. Or maybe I’M TOO FAT TO FIT ON THE INSIDE STEPS!  Woooooot! Naw. I don’t think so.
  • Thanks for the comments yesterday about y’all’s feet getting all tangled up sometimes. Glad I’m not alone. You know it takes a village with me.
  • Oh, and sorry I was musing about sad things yesterday. I’m done with THAT. Gotta stop watching the news. Wait…. I don’t watch the news. I’m too busy watching reruns of Hogan’s Heroes and Andy of Mayberry. Gotta love you some Andy.
  • Sigh. Maybe I’ll start a Scottie News Network where everything is pawsitive.
  • I’m on it Danno.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to The Gingerbread Man

1. maybe the step is the reason? we have one step on the stairs where we all stumble…
    the gingerbread man is super tasty… eat it it has zero calories :o)

2. sue ellen says:

Yes Stuart…we all NEED a pawsome happy daily ‘news’ program. And yep, we like us some Andy of Mayberry here too.
    Hey wait…we smell the morning egg scramble ‘he’ cooks for us…gotta beat feet to the kitchen…have a good Tuesday dear fellow !
    RoOo… L&M
    ( wanna pop over??we’ll share with y’all ) ^.^ ^.^

OOOOOH – we like to play tug. Andy hogs the few toys we have. there are 3 of everything and he just takes them all. If we try and get one, he takes it away from us. I think it has to do with him being a rescue and being scrappy on the streets. But we love him anyway! Elsa and I do a trick that he won’t do, so we get extra treats for rolling over. Mom says “sit”, “down” and “rollover”. Sometimes my rolly polly body rolls over 2 times!!!! SHE thinks it’s on purpose and I get another Charlie treat (but really, I can’t stop bahaha). Glad you are back to your playful self.

4. No one told me I was gonna learn anything today! No Fair!

Your news show might run 30 seconds, unfortunately.

6. Gavin says:

Hi Ya Stuart! Only 1 more perfect day left in the mountains before mom and I return home. Just wanted to let ya know we’re so glad you are OK after the stairs incident! I’ve never done much stair stuff since we live in a 1 story home. Mom always carries me on them cuz most of them are too high and shallow for my legs! See, it’s the stairs that are wrong, not us. Better stairs are low and deep enough for us to get all 4 legs on each step before going to the next.

And if yer still playin’ with yer stuffy toys, then yer not old!! So nuff said-keep on living large Stuart!

7. rjkeyedup says:

Hey Stuart,
    We’ve been at K9 Clubhouse for a few days while Mommy went to visit some friends from a long time ago… Sorry to hear you stumbled.
    I am only 4 and can jump onto the couch to look out the window or jump on the bed to cuddle with Mommy. Callie is only 2; she can not jump like me which is a good thing – I get to the best places in the house this way.
    We still love to play and gnaw at things on our toys!
    & at puppy school, we NEVER learned ‘down’ – thought it a dumb command.
    Your pals, Ozzy & Callie

8. Misaki says:

what a lovely new friend you have 🙂

Snorts pal! Always keep the humans on their toes so they never know what to expect. That’s my motto here and I stick to it. Happy playing. XOXO – Bacon
    For some reason I can’t get this out of my mind now… “Do you know the Muffin Man?” Snorts

10. Riley Puppy says:

That is a GREAT IDEA, Stu! A Scottie TV station would be so awesome! I know that Sis and I would watch! Even my peeps would watch–specially Mum, she’s Scottie crazy!
    I’m glad you’re navigating those steps well!
    Take good care of yourself, Stu!
    We think you are the Greatest!
    Kissies and hugs,
    Riley-Puppy and Tessie-Girl

11. We needs some pawsitive news.

We have a toy bin and a toy floor. There are toys everywhere. Sid and Shelby do not do stairs. I don’t know if Sophie is capable of climbing them. Please take care of yourself. We love you.