So, the peeps got wise and We all watched the Men’s Elite Road Race yesterday.
They were going to fill the deflated tires on Their bicycles and ride over to Monument Avenue to watch, but then discovered it streaming live on the UCI’s website. Of course, I told Them about this. (They couldn’t find Their way out of a paper bag without my help.)
I finally got to see a PELOTON. I can rest now. It’s done. All’s well.
So. Enough about the bike races. I know you’re bored with my talking about it, too, but I had to get it out of my system. Like many of you, I don’t like things on wheels or boards. They make weird noises and I tend to bite things like that.
What You Learned Today:
- The city where I live just hosted a BIG international cycle race over the last week.
- I got to see only a little bit of the commotion.
- The rest of it, the peeps and I watched on TV.
- So, if you guessed “Richmond” and the “UCI Worlds” bike races for Saturday’s Where In The World? photo, you’d be correctomundo!
- If you didn’t, well, then, you’d be wrong.
- No biggie.
Overheard at my house:
“That guy who won the Men’s Elite is kind of cute,” says the peepstress.
“Wonder how all those guys stay hunched over for hours at a time?” He said.
“Yeah, I wonder that myself. But those tight pantie things are cute,” She said.
” ‘Pantie things?’ Geez. Can you imagine staying in that one position for hour after hour? All hunched over? I’ll bet they’re sore,” He said.
“Yeah, but they’re kind of cute,” She said.
“I’ll bet they stink, too,” he said.