Hold on to your hats….or leashes or collars…. have I got NEWS FOR YOU!!
Take a long look at this little movie:
Yep. The peep noticed something about me lately and decided not to say anything about it. So early this morning, She put work on hold and took me to Dogtor Elliott’s for a weigh in.
Yes my friends. I’m living proof that it can be done: I can lose weight.
See, when I had my dental procedure last month, the news wasn’t good. Dogtor Elliott was concerned that I’d gained MORE weight. And you know what that can mean: it causes heart problems, causes joint problems, and a host of other maladies that can be prevented. Because my thyroid is fine and there’s no medical reason for me to hold onto extra weight.
Now get this, the peep is a Lifetime Weight Watcher member, so one would think She’d know a thing or two about losing weight and keeping it off. One would think. Well, what She learned all those years ago when She was losing weight kicked into Her feeble brain and She figured out how to make it apply to moi.
Here’s what We did:
- We measured my dry food every day. After a while you think you know much is the right amount, but when She started measuring it out again instead of scooping a mug full ‘o stuff on my plate, She learned that I’VE BEEN OVERFED. DUH. DOI. I’d call Her a fool, but I love Her too much.
- The dad peep doesn’t scoop the food anymore. ‘Nuff said about that, right? The peepstress does it once a day, so He doesn’t have to “fudge it”.
- We put those tasty all natural, handmade, organic treats in the freezer. Yes. Just because something is all natural with no preservatives, doesn’t mean it’s low in calories.
- Speaking of calories, if you consume calories, you need to burn calories. So, Sniglet’s peep – aware of the scheme to get me to a healthy weight – resigned herself to take me and Sniglet OUTSIDE when I go over for a visit. This is instead of my curling up and snoozing. Just like I do at home. Way to go Auntie! It takes a village!
- Green beans are still a big part of my diet – but We measure those, too.
- I still eat my rice cakes as treats, but those are doled out, too.
- No more “here you go baby” with the treats.
- And We try to walk twice as much. Or with me it’s a stroll as you saw in my little movie; but hey, it works!
So, my friends I’ve still got a little way to go, but I have to tell you that it’s much easier for me to hop up on my little sofa these days. AND, I’m back to going up and down stairs without the “elevator ride” – that helps too!
If any of these tips help YOU, terrific! Hey…why not share what YOU do to keep your weight healthy? Go ahead. Drop a comment.
I hope this keeps up. Really. I do. I hate feeling fat.