OK friends. Time for some Pawsitive News.
Here’s a great story about dogs doing what they’re supposed to be doing. Protecting little birds from harm. How cool is that?
I also read a story yesterday about a pit bull pooch who got separated from his family during floods in Texas. Turns out this little guy wound up in California miles and miles away and was reunited with his peeps thanks to a chip.
But, the bad news is that the peeps “were forced to abandon him” during the flooding.
Now, I ask you, could you ever abandon your family members? Even during a flood?
The comments at the end of the story were mixed. Some said it was the only choice the family could make at the time. Others said it was a terrible thing to do.
What say you my wise friends?
What You Learned Today
- I love me some Pawsitive news. To those of my field reporters who have submitted pawsitive news items, I thank you. I’m still digging out your emails from when I was having trouble with my email account. But keep sending those news items to me!
- Dogs make the world go ’round. We really do.
- Dogs have special skills and talents that can really help humans. Like those sheepdogs in Australia that I just told you about.
- Dogs also get into trouble, like that poor pit bull whose family abandoned him.
- Oh me. What would you have done?
- Until the next Pawsitive News program, keep you nose to the ground and your ears pricked.