Scottie Scholar Saturday – Scottie Heaven

A friend and I were talking about her Scottie being unhappy in his new home. They’re in a temporary rental while looking for their dream home.

He’s sad. He mopes around the yard. Sniffs around the wide-slat fence and generally pouts.

Then, it occurred to the Dad Peep and me that HE MISSES HIS SCOTTIE YARD.

Yes, that must be it.

There are no cracks and crevices to patrol. No grass to hide in. No rocks to sniff around. No mulch to lie in. No views from the fence.

He needs a new yard! Or, what I like to call “Scottie Heaven”.

Hope they find a new home SOON.

Stuart loved his Scottie Heaven:

So, if you’re wondering what’s up with your Scot, or if you’re planning the arrival of a Scottie in your life, make sure your yard is SCOTTIE HEAVEN! (Or you have one nearby to visit.)

As Stuart always said, “terrier = earth” and Scots must play in the dirt. They also need good views, perches, rocks, grass and trees to poke around.

FYI- the title of Saturday posts is now “Scottie Scholar Saturday” because you’ll be an expert by the time you read them all. Hopefully.

If you have a question, email it to StuartTheScottieAThotmail.com.

This entry was posted in dogs, pets, Scotties, scotties and chipmunks, Scottish Terriers, Terriers, The Scottie Chronicles. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Scottie Scholar Saturday – Scottie Heaven

1. We miss you Stuart – we know you and Lilly are sniffing things up over the Rainbow Bridge. We hope your peeps will come to our picnic in May!!

XOXO
    Piper, Celti, Little Lilly and Ivy

2. That makes a great deal of sense/scents……

3. Stuart that is so true… and I hope the home with a scottie heaven is in sight soon. I wish we would live closer so I would share my back yard with the little pup… oh he would like it to dig tunnels everywhere with me, I’m sure.

Kaci and Kali now enjoy the same terrier heaven that Kyla and Kenzie enjoyed. The back yard is about ½ acre of just yard. That’s where they take walks. The dogs aren’t allowed to run free there-we value our wildlife too much. There are at least three rabbit nests and multiple bird nests. Kyla was allowed to run free in her senior state because she left the critters alone and was too slow to catch anything but crickets.

Stuart had such wisdom! He is surely poking around over the Rainbow Bridge in search of new good views, perches, rocks, grass and trees to enjoy again!

As for the sad little Scottie, let’s hope he finds those things down here lickety-split and can be happy again!

6. Toby says:

Oh dear friend, I knew I loved you the minute I sniffed you the first time! You are so right…. No Scottie Heaven yard for me at this rental house is making me sad and grumpy! I miss rooting through my old yard, checking on chipper hidey holes, digging under the shed and rolling through the tall grass plants til is was soaking wet from the dew. I would stay out in my yard after the hot sun went down, until bedtime if my peeps would let me. And my poor pointer brother Banks, cannot find any sun rays to lay in at this new place. The peeps keep saying we will get a new yard soon…. I am counting the days. Stuart was so lucky to have the best Scottie yard to snoopervise!
    And, you are so right!!! Scotties need, must have, can’t live without, some dirt and STUFF to explore. Maybe I can come and play with you……

Lickey kisses
    Toby

7. WestScott says:

Love, love, love, love, love the pictures of sweet Stuart in his Scottie Heaven on Earth. They all deserve a yard or special place to patrol and keep watch!

8. SWTS is on a high! I have had to have a stone wall rebuilt and with the digging out and moving plants and stones and having dirt and sand oh dogs he is just ruckered out with snooping.
    I sent you and e-mail, a video to watch and Stuart is in it, you will love the work this blogger went to for Blogville Dogs that went to the Bridge.

9. Oh, I can believes that!! Ilkes patrolin’ all the hidey holes in my yardie…and sniffin’ all the squirrel holes and patrolin’ the trees to make sure those tree rats don’t come down on MY watch! We do have the occasional rat come through, butts I haven’t gotten close to one in a few years…that sucks…hehehehe
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

10. My favorite was at the water bowl. I hope your Scottie’s friend’s peeps get their own Scottie yard soon.<3

11. rjkeyedup says:

Oh my, Stuart was sooo lucky to have such a wonderful yard to snoopervise… We have a lot of yard to run around in, but just fences with slats to look thru. And then there is the raised garden beds – mommy should be starting to dig in those soon! Love to you Peeptress,
    Ozzy & Callie

STUART definitely had a Scottie heaven

13. Edgar says:

We saw the first dillys that have popped up in our neck of the woods…thought fondly of Stu…

Edgar and his mum

14. sue ellen says:

We did so enjoy these photos . Thank you for sharing them. Stuart , ever busy keeping track of the goings on in his kingdom.
    Sweet memories ♥
    the mom peep of L&M

15. you write such beautiful things ,pls continue we love it x

16. Gail and Kipper says:

Yes, they must have rocks, grass, mulch to chomp on! Plus those look out points! They are funny and way too smart! Been out smarted too many times. They love adventure. Mine have flown in private planes – loved looking at clouds. Go figure. And they have boated. Not good swimmers but loved hanging on the boat docks. Got food gifts that way!! And running down beach chasing sand crabs at night. They are fun. So sad we lost Stuart! But good memories and he gave all of us much joy!

17. noofmitchell says:

What a wonderful place! Bailey would love this Scottie heaven to explore and root around in.

18. David says:

Yes, there is a SCOTTIE HEAVEN.com – We have learned this because they helped us do what they promised: “We put a little piece of Heaven in your life” ™

19. Pingback: Scottie Heaven? Apparently Not. | The Scottie Chronicles