Does She or Doesn’t She?

As you know, my gal pal, Sniglet, is visiting me.

Snigs 3

I’m sharing my sofa with her. Is she playing coy with me here? Or not. Maybe she just wants to be left alone?

Snigs 2

Is she sad because her peep is away? Or does she hope to live with me forever? Does she feel like a captive at my house? Behind bars? Or does she just want to run outta that gate at lightening speed chasing who knows what?

Hard to tell. She’s a girl. And I don’t understand very many girls. No matter how hard I try.

My Kyla understood me. Alas, she was a Scottie. Snigs is a…well, Snigs is a hound.  Sometimes I think it’s better when we can just visit each other under the fence. Whenever we want.

What do you think?

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Does She or Doesn’t She?

1. Mama has been trying to think like a dog for a gazillion years. It has not been fruitful in many instances. So we, like you, can only speculate. Good to know that dogs speculate about each other too!

2. bentley2 says:

I think you ask to many questions.
    Bentley

We understand. Things are different when Dixie comes to visit. It was harder the last time because Sophie and very distressed by Dixie sitting on mom’s lap. Sophie showed her anger by leaving a little puddle at mom’s feet.

It’s hard to say what exactly Sniglet is feeling. Just give her some time and space, she’ll come around soon we’re sure! Then you can share your treats with her.

Judging by her expression and body language, I don’t think she’s going to lay an egg.

She’s probably missing her PEEP and maybe doesn’t understand boys the way you don’t get girls. Looks like a little bit of playing hard to get. Who could resist you? Just let her be and she’ll come ’round. She looks adorable!

7. Riley Puppy says:

Stu, She has that missing her peeps look! You know how girls are! I am sure if she weren’t missing her peeps she’d realize how special you are, especially since you are of the royal Scotch-type persuasion. Just remember how independent we Scottsmen are. You’d probably be Scottie aloof at her house without your doting peeps. No?
    We love you, Stuart!
    Riley Puppy and my sis’, Tessie (a GIRLIE-GIRL)

It is good to have a home away from home particularly when it is right next door where your guy lives. Stuart you are to tense relax and enjoy Snig. Tension destroys the mood.
    Thanks for being a friend

9. susieandsidebite says:

Don’t think it’s anything to do with you….just missing her Peep!

The Mad Scots

10. Don’t worry bout what hounds are thinkin. It are probably bout dinner.

11. Relationships can be tough butt we’re putting treats on it that Miss Sniglet is missing her peeps – try not to take it personally Stu.
    Wally & Sammy

12. dougalldog says:

It’s hard when the peeps abandon you, I bet that is why she is off colour.

13. my dad agrees with you… girls are a challenge… always… efurry day… :o)

14. Two French Bulldogs says:

Poor baby is probably sad her peeps are away
    Lily & Edward