Time to Update the Blogtionary!

new bucket sleepingSo, whenever I take a little ride around town in my new car bucket, I like to think deep thoughts. Like I’m doing here. And I’m thinking it’s time we update the Blogtionary. We haven’t done that in a while and I’ve got some new friends who may not be familiar with it.

So, here goes: A few years back, I created a Blogtionary to capture the words we all use to describe things like pawsome, pawty, the two-legged ones, furiends, condogulations (or concatulations), BOL (bark out loud), OMD (oh my dawgness), and so on.

Now, I’m not taking the credit for these words, I just compiled them. With a little help from you, my furiends, from time to time, I update the list. I sure hope Bacon submits his grrrreat porcine words like “snorts” and “snorticles!” (Remember: you must define your submissions, too. Don’t leave me trying to figure them out!)

Let’s say I give y’all until July 10 to submit your own words to the Blogtionary, and I’ll put them all together in one big ‘ole post later this month, K?

Yippeee! We’re updating the Blogtionary!

This entry was posted in Scottish Terriers, Terriers, The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Time to Update the Blogtionary!

1. fozziemum says:

Awesome Stu ..we have struggled with BOL as it is bilingual in our house…bark out loud or baa out loud..and when I want to laugh I do baaaaaaa but so do the sheep..this could turn ugly my friend bwahahhahaha…or baaaaaaaaaaa hugs and loves Fozziemum xx

2. it’s great to have a special language! think the twin to BOL is MOL for cats :o)

Oh squeal! My words can be put in the blogtionary?! How exciting! Okay here we go –
    Snorts – laughing; Snorticles – beyond laughing; PLOL (piggy laughing out loud); OMP (oh my pig); conpigulations – congrats but from a pig;
    Love you Stu! XOXO – Bacon

Be certain to include something to show how to pronounce your entry otherwise I won’t know how to bark it.

5. Kia says:

Pawsome! I think you have all the words that I use already, but if I think of anything that I forgot about I’ll let ya know 🙂
    xoxo Simba

6. Alyson (on behalf of Oban) says:

Ponderance is the word my mum uses for me when I like to have a sit and have a good think about life….I do like a good ponder

7. Ranger says:

Here’s on of Oz’s: High Paws (high 5)

Thank you for the education. I’ve wondered about some of these, but felt funny asking for an explanation.

9. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

We can’ think of any now (of course), but will let you know if we do. Thanks for doing this.

10. Bella, Roxy & Macdui says:

Snorticles….does that need defining?

11. Julia M says:

Looking oh so cute and intellectual 🙂

12. Ok so we’ve got one for the Blogtionary…it’s kinda a Scottie thing butt we don’t think that will be a problem. Are you ready? Here it is…Aroootiful – that is when something is beautiful but in Scottie!
    We hope our word makes it into the Blogtionary.
    Wally & Sammy

13. Some peeps have nephews but I have a pignew. (Bacon) 😀

14. Dalton says:

But surely it would be the best fun for us to send in words and you guess there meaning BOL. Or perhaps you can do that as well?!

15. Pingback: Watercolor Wednesday – Pretty Boy | The Scottie Chronicles

16. Pingback: Where Oh Where? | The Scottie Chronicles

17. Pingback: Whew Wee | The Scottie Chronicles

18. Pingback: Cat Truffles Anyone? | The Scottie Chronicles

19. Pingback: A Little Variety Never Hurts | The Scottie Chronicles

20. 3scotties says:

Terrierist- a terrier (ie Scottie) who is interested… You know HOW interested we can be! Nessa, MacGregor and Kenzie.

21. Daisy says:

I have a few for ya!
    Wheatie – a wheaten Scottie which is waaaay different than a westie
    Sun puddles – I picked that one up from Madi. They are best during the winter.
    Zoomies – speak for themselves
    Bon-bons – a lot if wild animals leave us snacks. They are so considerate.
    oxox
    Daisy

22. At Christmas Sam see Fleas Navidog. Does that count? 🐾

23. Edgar says:

my favorite comes from you my furiend – cow toe! stinky and delish!

24. Pingback: New Year’s Roo-so-lu-tions | The Scottie Chronicles